The Nationwide Boiler Steamlines Newsletter is now available to view online. This edition includes information on our new 82,500 pph boilers, a CataStak-GT success story, the signing of our new eastern Canadian representative, Le Groupe Simoneau, emergency contingency planning for the new year, and new briefs. Visit our website to subscribe to our monthly newsletter and stay current with the latest news from Nationwide Boiler.
Boiler Blog | Nationwide Boiler Inc.
Freezing conditions pose a huge risk to boiler equipment if it is not properly protected from the harsh elements. In order to ensure that your unit continues to operate while facing freezing conditions, Nationwide Boiler recommends the following:
- Enclose both the front and rear of the boiler area and use an external heat source to minimize freezing conditions.
- Install heat tracing with insulation to protect exposed stagnant water lines.
- Utilize an appropriate heat tracing method (electric or steam tracing) to all of your main lines and piping components. This includes the following lines which should be heat traced regardless if the boiler is in operation or not (in freezing conditions): sensing lines (steam drum to CMR, high steam and steam gauge), auxiliary low-water-cut-off, water column and level control blowdown. Depending on the length of piping runs, the main and continuous blowdown should also be heat traced.
- In addition to heat tracing on stagnant sensing lines, drain the lines and fill them with a 50/50 (water/glycol) solution, making sure to re-connect the line.
- When an extended boiler down time is expected, completely drain the boiler and stagnant water lines
- The above lines are considered stagnant lines and should be heat traced regardless if the boiler is in operation or not (freezing conditions).
- Nationwide has also done the following in addition to heat tracing on the stagnant sensing lines: Drain line, fill with 50/50 (water/glycol) solution, re-connect line.
- Depending on the length of piping runs, the main and continuous blowdown should also be heat traced.
- For extended boiler down time, drain boiler and stagnant water lines completely.
The above are recommendations; however, use sound engineering judgment calls when there are concerns of possible freeze damage to the equipment. Contact Nationwide Boiler if you have any further questions: 1-800-227-1967
Nationwide Boiler Inc. is pleased to announce the signing of Le Groupe Simoneau Inc. as its new Eastern Canadian Representative for the rental and sale of Nationwide's extensive product line. Le Groupe Simoneau specializes in the manufacturing of a complete line of boilers and supplies boiler tubes and accessories in Canada for the industrial, institutional and commercial markets. Their specialized team of experienced field service staff provides the complete assembly and installation of boilers, in addition to boiler repair and refurbishment.
Please read the full press release for additional information.
Nationwide Boiler's sales team will be exhibiting at booth 2578 at the 22nd annual Power-Gen international trade show, December 14-16 at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, FL.
To receive a complimentary exhibit floor pass, please contact Nationwide Boiler at email@example.com.