Boiler Blog | Nationwide Boiler Inc.
Improving Boiler Efficiency
- Periodically monitor flue gas composition and tune your boilers to maintain excess air at optimum levels.
- If there is a continuous blowdown system in place, consider installing a heat recovery system.
- If there is a non-continuous blowdown system, then consider converting it to a continuous blowdown system coupled with heat recovery.
- Reduce operating costs through maximizing the return of hot condensate to the boiler.
- If a condensate return system is absent, estimate the cost of a condensate return and treatment system (as necessary) and install one if economically justified.
- Repair steam distribution and condensate return system leaks.
- Insulate condensate return system piping to conserve heat and protect personnel against burns.
- Review your blowdown practices to identify energy saving opportunities.
- Examine operating practices for boiler feedwater and blowdown rates developed by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME). Considerations include operating pressure, steam purity, and deposition control.
- Consider an automatic blowdown control system.
Taken from http://www.process-heating.com/Articles/Feature_Article/2afcce64fe4fd010VgnVCM100000f932a8c0____