In remembrance of all whom we lost on 9/11/01. We will never forget.
Boiler Blog | Nationwide Boiler Inc.
Process Heating's September issue features an article written by Nationwide Boiler's rental and sales manager, Michael Medina. The article, entitled "10 Tips for Preparing a Temporary Steam Plant", provides a guide for boiler owners and operators when preparing a contingency plan for their facility. A rental boiler can be required for a number of reasons and preparation is important in any case, whether a planned or unplanned outage.
A common misconception in regards to reconditioned boilers is the reliability of the equipment. Many buyers don't realize that a reconditioned boiler can actually run just as efficiently as a new boiler, but is typically 60% of the cost! This, along with many other advantages, can easily justify buying a reconditioned boiler over a new boiler.
The list below outlines additional advantages that are apparent when choosing to buy a reconditioned boiler:
- Delivery - Manufacturer's lead times can be 6 months to a year nowadays. Reconditioned boilers are generally in stock and available for immediate delivery.
- Warranty - Nationwide Boiler offers the same guarantee for new and reconditioned boilers, warranted for 6-12 months.
- Rent to Own - With a new boiler, you don't usually have the option of rent to own. A Nationwide reconditioned boiler can be rented with an option to buy at the end of the rental.
- Quality - As mentioned, the quality of a reconditioned boiler is commonly misconceived. Nationwide Boiler has established procedures and is an ASME code certified shop. Every reconditioned boiler is internally inspected and hydro-statically tested, with all systems checked prior to delivery to ensure quality and usability.
- Performance - A new boiler purchased from the manufacturer can be designed to meet specific needs, however a reconditioned boiler can be retrofitted to meet current industry standards; ASME, low emissions, control, etc.
- Start-up - A new boiler is generally put on line in 2-3 weeks, while a Nationwide reconditioned boiler is always thoroughly shop tested, reducing field start-up time.
- Installation - With a new boiler purchase, installation is generally not an option and part of the customer's scope of supply. Nationwide can offer complete turnkey installations for customers purchasing reconditioned boilers.
- Service Calls - Equipment manufacturer's typically can only be reached during normal working hours. Nationwide Boiler's service engineer's can be reached 24 hours a day at our toll-free number, 1-800-227-1966.
Next time you are in the market for a boiler and have to make the tough decision of buying a new or used boiler, be sure to take these factors into consideration!
Cleaver-Brooks is offering another free webinar to educate boiler owners, plant managers, and anyone involved in the decision making process when it comes to buying a new boiler. The webinar will be held tomorrow, August 26th at 11 am PST.
The webinar will offer a brief overview of the different types of boilers available and focus on what criteria should be evaluated when choosing a boiler that best meets the requirements of an application. The program is strongly recommended for engineers, design-build contractors and anyone else involved in the boiler selection process for new projects, renovations and/or additions.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, register today!